Our family has always had a keen interest in pets and caring for a variety of animals. We take pet ownership and the responsibilities that come with raising and breeding pets very seriously.
In 1986, we imported and started raising and caring for African Pygmy Hedgehogs. We do not always have babies available, and we retire are breeding animals while they are still young enough to enjoy the rest of their life as pets.
Occasionally, in an emergency if a pet hedgehog is in danger of becoming homeless, if our finances, time, and space permit, we do sometimes foster pets until a suitable home can be found.
We strive to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all our pets, and we feel that it is important for everyone to be sure that they are making a well informed decision, prior to committing to the responsibilities that come with caring for any pet, before purchasing one.
We please be mindful that we are not a pet store. We are breeders, living in a private home located in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Raising pets is our hobby not our business.
All visits to our home are by appointment only! We will never agree to sell a pet (or to invite someone to our home) who we have not had an actual voice conversation with first.
If you have questions, instead of emailing us please call us at 647-725-1111 Monday thru Thursday between 4:00 pm and 9:00pm or Friday, Saturday, and Sunday between 9:00 am and 9:00pm
Sorry ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
· All visits are by appointment, at our home in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
· For safety reasons, our address is not posted on our website. It will be shared when/if we confirm an appointment.
· Shipping / Delivery is not an option, nor will we meet any where other than at our home.
· Prices are not negotiable.
· We Do Not send individual pictures. Instead, we update the pictures on our website often for everyone who is interested, to view them,
· Our babies wean naturally. We do not believe in early weaning! Unweaned animals are never available for viewing.
· As a precaution, all our babies are dewormed, and a topical flea / mite prevention is applied monthly.
· Every animal leaves our home with a written health guarantee and a sample of food that the pet is being fed.
· Before we decide to move forward and schedule a visit we will never agree to selling anyone a pet or invite someone to our home without having an actual conversation with them first. We are always happy to speak with you by phone, but we will not text anyone regarding pets! (We realize a few people prefer texting, perhaps thinking that it is quicker, but it is not. Besides which, purchasing and owning a pet should never be a quick decision.) We recommend that whenever possible, instead of emailing us, to contact us by phone. This keeps our communication fluid and offers both of us the opportunity to discuss any concerns that either of us may have.
· A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the purchase price of the pet is required to hold a specific pet. Once we receive a deposit, if the pet is fully weaned and ready to leave, we will hold it for up to 5 days.
· Only animals that are ready to leave the day of the visit are available for viewing. If it is not fully weaned pictures will be shown but the animal will not be available for viewing , it will remain with us until it is properly weaned. If needed, we will hold it for an additional 5 days after the weaning date.
· Like most people we too have jobs and other commitments. We try to be as flexible as possible when scheduling visits. If we all agree on a time and schedule a visit, we ask that you arrive on time. For most visits, we needed to re-arrange our schedule and invest time into preparing for every visit. Unfortunately, all too often, people to cancel and simply do not bother to show up so now because of no shows, we require a $25.00 non-refundable reservation fee to book an appointment. Although this $25.00 fee will not be refunded, it will be deducted from the purchase price of the pet if you choose one during that visit.
· Often, even before a person who has been seriously considering purchasing a pet from us, contacts us. already has an idea of the pet they want. But for those who are not sure yet, if we know beforehand, based on the brief description you gave us, of the animal you are looking for, if we have similar pets available, we will show you up to two animals during your visit. We need to restrict the number of animals we show so that we can avoid unnecessary stresses and health risks.
· We ask everyone to be mindful of our schedule; we often have multiple appointments booked back to back or other personal commitments that we need to address, so we need to stay on schedule. By now we have already gone over many things during our phone conversations, once you arrive at our home, visits are short, usually lasting approximately 20 minutes. Guests do not need to feel rushed; we have found that this is usually ample time to ask any questions that we have not already discussed during our first telephone conversation(s).
· No animal leaves our home without a suitable safe transport carrier. We ask that you bring your own sanitized, escape proof, pet carrier. The carrier must allow room for the animal to stand up and turn around in but not so large that the animal slides around in while in transit.
· We need a minimum of 25 % non-refundable deposit of the purchase price before we will reserve any pet.
· Payments or Deposits are accepted via E-transfer, PayPal, or cash.
· No animal leaves our home unless paid for in full.
· To prevent unnecessary health risks to our other pets, after a pet leaves our home, should you change your mind, the animal can not be returned or refunded; roommate / property owner disputes, allergies etc. are entirely the purchasers responsibility and they need to be worked out prior to getting any pet.